Friday, April 25, 2008

Beach Front Property

I've lived most of my life in Southern California, and I have been in some hellacious earthquakes. Since moving to Northern Nevada I think I've felt two-that no one else even noticed. (I have superb spidey sense when it comes to quakes)

Over the last 24 hours, there have been more than 20 quakes, ranging from .8 to 4.2. Of course, we haven't felt all of them, but a few we did.

At about 1:45 this morning, while I was FINALLY getting some excellent sleep after a very sleepless week, we had another one. Not exceptionally large, but close enough to our house to where I woke up, threw the covers off the bed, screamed "Earthquake!" and was just about to run down the hall to grab my son when it stopped. Husband said "I wouldn't have even woken up if you weren't screaming."

It's like riding a bike-some things you just never forget how to do.

No comments: