Friday, January 15, 2010

Book Review

Hero of the Underground by Jason Peter

I actually finished this book a while back, but haven't reviewed it because something about it is bothering me, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

You know the story-fame (NFL), loads of money, injury, drug addiction (heroin, crack, coke), back again. It wasn't a bad read, and he's clean now, but for some reason it did not end up being the feel good story you would expect.

I think part of it is his arrogance-he thinks he's better than say, the toothless hooker blowing guys for crack money because he can afford his drugs.

Please. A dope fiend is a dope fiend is a dope fiend. And if he wouldn't have gotten clean before losing all his money god knows what he would have resorted to.

I don't care enough to recommend this book. Glad he got it together though-hope he keeps it that way.

No comments: