Monday, May 24, 2010

It's a girl!

Youngest has a friend, we'll call her Daughter. Daughter's mom is....honestly, I don't even know what to say. The mom moved in with her boyfriend and left Daughter home alone to fend for herself. Well, she dropped off groceries once a week. Daughter also has a 16 year old sister that was left at home too-she just moved in with her boyfriend.

I understand people going through hard times, and getting all whacked in the head about their new man, but COME ON. Daughter is 14 years old! I asked her what she ate for lunch and do you know what she said? "Friend's food."

So she lives with us now. Her mom said "I don't want people thinking I'm a bad mother who just abandoned my daughter."

And you know, I'm trying not to be judgy. When it comes to not being able to take care of your kids I am the last person in the world to make that judgment call. But something about this is just rubbing me the wrong way, and I'm not sure what it is.

And I'm scared. I'm afraid we can't afford it, I'm afraid I'm going to get attached and some B.S. is going to happen. I'm afraid the mom is coming for her in a month, and I'm afraid the mom won't come for her at all.

But after seeing the inside of her house and hearing the stories of how she just basically lives alone, there is no way in hell we could have let that go on.

2 comments:

wirecutter said...

You did good. And you know that you'll find a way financially, right? Even if it means doing without (you and Hubbs, not the kids) it'll be worth it.
As far as Mom (?) coming after her, cross that bridge when you come to it. Don't trip on shit that may or may not happen.

Lula said...

Thanks. We will be ok, I'm just freaking like I do. Have to plan for the worst case scenario!

This weekend may be our last hurrah for a while-welcome to the party!