Thursday, May 6, 2010

My worst nightmare, part 2

Attacker arrested and suspended from school.Good, right? You'd think I'd relax a little. But no, the attacker has friends. Friends who are now giving my son the ole side eye at school.

They have all been warned by the principal that retaliation will bring terrible things upon them and their families.

But still.....

I can't handle this, living in fear. I don't know if I'm blowing it out of proportion or not, all I know is my son was hurt, who do I need to beat? Grrr, Mama bear.

Actually, my husband made me promise I wouldn't beat anybody up. I was on my way to finagle a home address out of the school then go beat down the mom for raising such a horrible, intolerant child. But I promised. So no beatings from me.

We're taking it day by day, his safety. Does he feel threatened, afraid to walk home?

I've never wanted the end of a school year to come so quickly.

I keep cruising the internet, looking for something, anything, I'm not sure what. Support? Someone else who really understands how terrified I am? A solution?

I feel like it's me against the world right now. A horrible, hateful, intolerant world.

4 comments:

wirecutter said...

Anything I can do for you?

Lula said...

Willing to stab someone? Just knowing that you're there is enough....

Deirdre Bunny said...

Oh my god, Lula. I wish I had seen this earlier - sorry.

I don;t know what to say. I can;t imagine that worry and fear. That's one thing I always think from time to time -- if I had a kid, could I handle something like this happening?

I will, of course, send nothing but positive things your way. I'm not really new agey but all my love goes to you and him.

I'm here if you need me - even if its phone. Please let us know how things progress.

I am hopeful that things will smooth out a bit. Hang in there as best you can and know that you are loved!

Lula said...

Thanks D, very much. It means a lot.