Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm depressed and I hate everything.

Slightly over dramatic, but still.

Daughter is going back to her mother this weekend. She does not want to go, not at all. She told us that her mother never wanted to be a parent before and she doesn't understand why she is trying now. She also told her mother that she wanted to stay, because we treat her like a real family.

I tried to explain that maybe her mom really does want to try, and she should at least give her a chance.

I honestly don't know what the hell is up with her mom. She wanted to pick the kids up Saturday night at 10:30 so they could help her "alphabetize the movies."

Ummm, what?

I asked her "Don't you think it would be better to let them get some sleep tonight then go help you tomorrow as originally planned?"

She flipped her SHIT. "That's my daughter and you can't tell me whether or not I can pick her up."

I said "That's not what I said, and of course I can't, I have no right to tell you that and I never would."

I did refuse to let Youngest go though, then it turned into a huge 2 day fight between daughter and her mother. And she never did pick them up, that night or the next day as she had planned.

Anyway, she has suddenly decided to take daughter back. I don't even know what to think about this woman, I really don't. Tweaker? Drunk? What?

Do you know she's never even been inside my house to see where her daughter lives? She's never once thanked me or offered to help with expenses these past few months? And what, she didn't care that the girl was home alone for 3 months, but now that somebody cares about her and is providing a safe stable environment she takes her back?

All I can do is always be here for her. I told her she can come over anytime she wants, and we will always love her.

I will miss her very much.

4 comments:

wirecutter said...

The words you gave her are hers forever. She'll always remember them. Follow your heart, do what you think is right for the child and always, always keep an open door for her.
Damn, I'm turning into a softie... I'm sorry.

Lula said...

You are a big softie!

Hubbs gives it a month before her mom is asking us to take her back.....one can hope!

Deirdre Bunny said...

Damn, honey. That's some fucked up shit.

You're a great person and I admire you.


~D

Lula said...

Thanks D, very much!