Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wow.

As much as I love Thanksgiving, I'm REALLY glad it's over. It was such a whirlwind of activity, I hardly took any pictures, and I feel like I didn't really get anything done over that entire 4 day weekend.

Dinner was delicious, I get better at making this meal every year. I even made homemade gravy for the first time, and it wasn't bad at all. The dishes the guys made were awesome as well-and it was really nice having a bit of help.

Now I feel like I need to focus on, basically, getting my shit together. I ate, drank, and smoked WAY more than I had planned to (self control? what self control?) and I am still suffering the effects of a massive carb overload. I know it's not good to try to quit too many things at once, but the drinking and smoking really need to get handled. I'm back to not drinking on week nights, which naturally cuts my smoking in half. I'll get that down for a week or two than it's time to get serious about cigarettes. I hate them-they smell, they're gross, and they are killing me. Plus they're expensive-smoking really doesn't make any sense.

Anyhow, my holiday was wonderful, as I hope it was for everyone. Time to get back on track.

2 comments:

Deirdre Bunny said...

Thanks- yes mine was good. It was just me and Magz this year. All of the people that I thought would be coming, made other plans. I guess Crazy managed to push them away after all. Weeeeeeeee!

Really though, it was lovely with just Maggie and the critters. Made lots of food and watched movies all day with mimosas in hand.

I'm sending some moral support your way for the smoking & drinking thing =)

Love you.

Deirdre

Lula said...

Sometimes it's nice having a smaller crowd, I think. Maybe not any less overwhelming, but nice.

Thanks D, love you too.