Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So far, so good...

The good things that are happening to my body right now- (time measured since the last cigarette)


In 20 minutes your blood pressure will drop back down to normal. (Mine has always been freakishly low-so is it normal now? Or lower? Just a thought)

In 8 hours the carbon monoxide levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal. (Woo hoo! Bye poison!)

In 48 hours your chance of having a heart attack will have decreased. All nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level. ( I don't think this one is accurate-I remember my senses returning to normal last time, and it took more than 2 days. I believe this one should read 72 hours)

At any rate, it doesn't feel like it right now, but good things ARE happening. It takes about 3 weeks to feel normal-I'm very much looking forward to that!

No comments: