Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Easy to please.

I'm just starting to feel the fog of my depression lifting. Of course, it's not a permanent cure, but knowing I'm about a week away from seeking help has really lifted a huge weight of my shoulders. I don't have to feel this way for the rest of my life-help is on the way!

I credit feeling better to three things.

1. Lunch date with Hubbs Friday. 1/2 day at work, out for a nice lunch, then family movie night. Sounds like a perfect day.

2. Therapy appointment next Thursday, then getting my hair done afterward. Again, a half day at work-I didn't think I would want to come back after spilling my guts and crying like a girl. A new hair style, on the other hand, will be just what the doctor ordered. (HA! See what I did there?)

3. Pizza party February 7th. I entered a contest and won a pretty cool party pack (Thanks DiGiorno!)of free pizzas, coupons for my guests, a new pizza cutter, etc...
At first I wanted to invite a bunch of people, then I realized that the people that are coming are important to me, and that makes it perfect. Besides, as we all know, crowds freak me out-even in my own home.

It really is important to have things to look forward to. Sometimes, that's all you have.

4 comments:

wirecutter said...

I promise I'll behave. And bring my own soap.....

Lula said...

Behave? No way!

wirecutter said...

Okay, I'll try. How's that?

Lula said...

Excellent!