Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Holy cow, ya'll!

I did a TON better with my carbs yesterday-my calorie breakdown was as follows-

Carbs 48g (25%)
Protein 75g (39%)
Fat 30g (35%)

I also weight trained with Hubbs, and damn those bastards are heavy! I can bench press a whopping 55 pounds!

But check this out-I started Monday at 142 pounds-this morning I was 137.5. Yes, you read that right. 137.5! Apparently low carb diets cause you to lose a lot of water weight, but still. It felt pretty good to see such a drop in numbers. It usually takes me all week to recover from the damage I do to myself on the weekends.

It's also making me realize that I may not lose the body fat I have by hitting my goal weight of 135. I understand you have to lose the fat to see the muscle, and it all settles around my midsection. I think it's more than 2 1/2 pounds, but we shall see. The low carbs plus weight training might be enough to make the difference.

All in all, I am exceptionally happy right now. I'm very sore, but it feels good knowing I pushed my limits with the weights. I had an awesome evening with my husband, and the numbers on the scale are going down instead of up.

Life is good.

No comments: