Thursday, August 13, 2009

The fog of grief is lifting

I actually laughed out loud a few moments ago. And I no longer feel like I'm mired in quicksand. Much better. Still sad, but not bone crushingly so.

Something to look forward to-we're meeting Wirecutter in Bodie this weekend-the most well preserved ghost town in Cali! I'm pretty excited about it. You know how when you visit a place, and someone says to you "Oh, did you see such and such?" And you say "No, I had no idea such and such existed?"

Yeah, that won't be happening. Wirecutter has been there so many times he will be an excellent tour guide.

Of course, I'll post pics of our adventures.

6 comments:

wirecutter said...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too!
I hope I don't bore the hell out of you and Hubbs. Your Hubbs, not mine. I ain't that way.

Lula said...

Got ya....

We're actually excited about you being tour guide. Don't worry about boring us-we like to learn.

wirecutter said...

And yet not a single reference to him being your Hubbs, not mine.
Jeez, so much for my attempt at humor.....

Lula said...

I got it, I'm just a little slow!

Deirdre Bunny said...

I hope you two social misfits have a great time! This social misfit will hopefully be doing something equally as interesting, but it is highly unlikely. In any event, alcohol will probably step in to set things straight!

Lula said...

Thanks Deirdre! Have a good weekend!