Thursday, August 13, 2009

What a weekend...

I spent an hour on a post detailing my weekend and everything that went wrong-there was a lot. Then I decided I didn't actually want to post that much negativity, I just needed to vent. So I deleted the whole thing. Suffice it to say, the weekend did not go as planned, but I was able to find a few pockets of fun here and there.

Hanging out in a bar-(the face explains it)



It was Hot August Nights, so we went downtown to look at cars and listen to music-





Wonder how many beers I had by this point-



Music of the evening-THE VILLAGE PEOPLE!! (Which, FYI, some people REALLY love. So if you find yourself at a Village People concert, do not poke fun. I thought it was hilarious-other people, not so much)







How can you NOT laugh your ass off at 5 grown men playing dress up and dancing around like that?

And of course, my favorite, people watching-

Mullet Man!!!



The best ice chest I have ever seen!



And this is who I want to be when I grow up-check the curl-







That old lady + that ride on ice chest + 50 cats = Lula in 25 years.

Dancers!





Someday Husband, you WILL dance with me in public.

How cute is this-



I wish the weekend would have gone differently, but whatever. It was good seeing Terry again. I hope she finds the happiness she deserves, I really do.

11 comments:

wirecutter said...

Would you believe that I have never been to Hot August Nights?

Lula said...

What? Next year you better head to Reno!

wirecutter said...

Now, maybe I just might!

Deirdre Bunny said...

That looks like great fun!

Love the top pic of you and the other gal - which now reminds me of something: I have this thing about candid photos. I can't *not* make a face of some kind. I don't think there is a serious candid shot of me out there. Drove my mom nuts when I was a child.

Lula said...

That's cool. I take horrible pictures, so I usually have to flip the camera the bird, make a face, shake my ass at it-anything to not got a serious face shot!

And wirecutter, I expect you and Deirdre BOTH for Hot August Nights next year!

Deirdre Bunny said...

Ya know, I'd totally go to that.

Lula said...

Do it, we'll get drunk and act like fools!

wirecutter said...

Sounds like a plan to me. I'm good at making a fool of myself, drunk or not.

Lula said...

Me too-though I care less when I'm drinking

Will said...

Maybe it's because you "deleted" the bad shit but that looks like a pretty damn good weekend to me.

Lula said...

I did actually leave out the pics of us acting the fool-it was a good/bad weekend.