Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Randomness

Hubbs pointed out to me last night that since I've been taking chromium, I'm much more level. So not only do I feel better, but my loved ones are noticing a difference. I am truly shocked at how much of a difference it has made. There were times when I would get so manic I couldn't even think straight. My head would be so full of so many things I would literally be frozen on my feet-unable to move because I couldn't decide what to do next. I don't even remember the last time I felt that way. And I've had NO immobilizing depression either. I'm very pleased.

*************************************************************************************

I added 10 pounds to my squat weight on Monday, and GOOD GOD am I feeling it today! If you would have asked me a year ago to even attempt a squat, bar only, I would have laughed in your face. I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day.

*************************************************************************************

On the flip side of that, I'm catching myself nit picking my body to death. In the last 2 years I've lost over 20 pounds, dropped 2 clothing sizes, and even bought a new bikini. And yet, I'm still not happy. I have such a warped body image that I can't decide if I really need to lose more weight or if it's just my crazy talking to me.

************************************************************************************

Low carb dieting-it's awesome that the weight stays off with hardly any effort. Cutting my carbs and eliminating processed food allows me to pretty much do what I want and not see a difference in the scale. Even when I splurge like we did this past weekend (3 sandwiches and a bacon cheeseburger, heaven!)the scale hardly moves. My weight is lower now than it was last Friday.

The sucky thing-we spend HOURS in the kitchen. Every night it's this huge process getting our meals ready for the next day. So last night we decided to make and pack 3 days worth of food instead of our usual 1 or 2. That means tonight we can work out, have dinner, and actually spend some time together NOT in the kitchen.

************************************************************************************

Our glorious honeymoon is about to come to an end. Youngest comes home Tuesday, so it's time to act like grown ups and be parents again. But I have to say, the past few months have been wonderful. I feel closer to my husband than I ever have.

************************************************************************************

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

wirecutter said...

About the dieting thing:
I have met you. You don't need to lose any more weight.
If Hubbs is happy with you, then you should be too.

Lula said...

It's a no brainer, right? Unless your name is Lula....