Monday, September 21, 2009

Moving Forward

So not drinking over the weekend? FAIL. But I don't feel too badly about it. My weight is lower than it was last Monday, I spent quality time with my husband, my kid, and my girlfriend, and nothing terrible happened. So there ya go.

Friday I have an appointment at the Crisis Call Center to interview for the volunteer position. I am very nervous for a variety of reasons-what keeps running through my brain the most is the fact that I can't even read the news without crying, will I really be able to keep it together and help someone in a crisis? I guess there's only one way to find out. I'm hoping that helping others will not only get me out of my own damn head for a minute, but will maybe help give me the tools so the world just doesn't hurt me so much.

2 comments:

wirecutter said...

Ah, you'll do fine at the Crisis Center. Really. Just remember that these folks will be coming to you for help and you're looking at it from the outside, being more objective.
Besides, with your compassion and experiences, you'd be a natural for the job.

Lula said...

Thanks, that means a lot!