Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ready?

Ready.

My cold is about gone, and I've finally had enough of the extra weight/sluggishness/heartburn that I've been dealing with for 3 months. Time to get back to primal living.

Lift heavy things 2-3 times a week? Check. Starting Saturday.

Move slowly, frequently? Check. Started that last night. (Had to use the elliptical-desk job, you know.)

Sprint at least once a week? Check, though I will probably do some high intensity jump rope, at least until warmer weather comes.

Cut out processed foods/grains/sugar? YES. (Just as soon as I finish this Cadbury Egg. Seriously.)

It all started with the holidays, where I thought "Well, it's Thanksgiving. I HAVE to have stuffing"

Then it was Christmas "I have to make (and eat a shit ton) of my famous Russian Tea Cakes and Rum Balls!"

Then it was the DiGiorno House Party I won-"I won all this free pizza, I have to at least sample each kind!" (Note-if you are watching your weight and need pizza, I highly recommend the Tuscan Chicken Flatbread Pizza -you can eat like a third of it and stay below 300 calories at only 25 carbs)

Then it was the Orowheat Sandwich Thins House party I won-"I LOVE sandwiches!" (Though I must say, if you're going to have a sandwich, Sandwich Thins are the way to go. Low cal and relatively low carb. Will definitely use for future cheat days. WAY in the future)

All this combined with the fact that we had to move the weight bench indoors because it's freezing outside (and makes it a pain in the ass to use with all the attachments) has resulted in constant heartburn, a feeling of general malaise, and a 9 pound weight gain. And I'm sure I've gone up in body fat.

I was so proud of myself before this downward spiral, I really was. I felt good, I looked fantastic, and I was off my reflux meds.

Not pleased. But, this is usually what it takes for me to get off my ass.

So, here we go! I'm one Cadbury egg away from my road to redemption.

I'll report back in one week-let's see if I've really had enough!

P.S. Still not smoking-unless I'm drinking. Need to work on that.

No comments: