Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Better. Or Worse?

I went through mom's stuff last night. Well, the first batch of it. And I ended up OUTRAGED. My step dad said he was going to donate all the stuff if I didn't come get it. When I went through the boxes, I found not just her knick knacks, but family pictures, childhood trophies, gifts we had given her, etc... You would think he would have set that stuff aside, separate from the donate boxes.
Again, whatever. I spoke with my sister in law, made her promise not to tell my brother, then told her the story. She was appalled. She'll be coming over soon to take the things she wants for her and her daughter, and my brother.

As angry as all this made me, I actually felt better when I woke up today. I'm not sure if it's because I'm moving forward with distributing her stuff, or if I just needed to share my feelings with someone who was outraged too. At any rate, I don't hate my hair and the world in general as much as I did yesterday. Funny how that works.

No comments: