Friday, June 27, 2008

Patterns

I am so very glad it is finally Friday. We have had such a busy week, and I am exhausted. To recap-

Tuesday-Garden Friend came over, just to inspect and give advice. We drank beer, and he stayed until 10pm. Made it to bed by 10:30pm.

Wednesday-Best Friend From 6th Grade came to town, so we went out for a few drinks, then met up with Husband and Garden Friend to look at some classic cars, then went and had one more drink and a sandwich. Made it to bed by 11pm.

Thursday-Got my tattoo zapped again. This was the most painful one yet. She has not seen the progress she would like, so she cranked up the laser. I had to ask her to stop 4 times, which is a first for me.

In my rush to get home, I flew by a cop, who proceeded to get behind me, then pull up next to me, asked me to roll down my window, and said "You are going way too fast. Slow down. " "Yes Sir!" And thanks, that was close!

It's hard to sleep when you have red hot freshly lasered flesh. I should have taken a pain pill, but instead I decided to work in my garden, do some laundry and light house cleaning, and have a few beers. Made it to bed by 10pm, but tossed and turned starting about 2:30am (have I mentioned I'm up at 5:30-6:00 am?)

Now, I'm sensing a pattern here. Every single thing I do revolves around alcohol. I do not like it.
I do not want my life, my every evening, to revolve around alcohol. I'm asking Doctor for that damn pill next week. That is what I feel I need to do to get back on track. It's all about breaking cycles, and habits. I want to have a few beers on the weekends only, I do not want to drink EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE.

Happy Friday

No comments: