Sunday, August 10, 2008

Busy

We had quite the eventful weekend here in the Lula household. I took Youngest school shopping Friday since I got off work early. The traffic was horrendous-it's Hot August Nights week here.

We were not going to go out Friday night, but of course I got a wild hair about 9pm and said "Let's go!" There is a little dive bar by our house, just a tiny place that also serves food. I'm pretty good friends with the bartender, and we've made quite a few other friends there too (Hey, Garden Friend!) So it's nice to go socialize every now and again. We stayed way too late, and drank WAY too much. I had a shot the owner bought me-I don't even remember what it was called, but it was 151 and Wild Turkey-UGH. I was pretty much done at that point. I don't really drink liquor anymore, and that just did me in. Then we got invited to breakfast at midnight (probably what saved me from a terrible hangover Saturday).

When I woke up Saturday, I felt guilty for spending money we shouldn't have, so my penance was to clean the whole house. And I mean clean-the walls, the floors, the bathroom, the ceiling fans-everything. This house hasn't been this clean since we moved in.

We also watched the movie "The Eye" with youngest-it wasn't that great, but it passed the time.

This morning we went and watched the final parade of all the Hot August Nights cars. Over 5500 cars registered this year-we probably saw about half of them this morning.

Then, I'm having lunch with Bartender Friend, after Hubbs and I trim the trees.

A non stop weekend I say! But a very pleasant one.

Life is good.

No comments: