Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Wedding

Yesterday was the wedding. I met my step dad's new wife (my step step mother?) for the first time. She actually seems very nice."Our home is open to you at any time" Of course, I had a million thoughts going through my head during the whole thing, like when the pastor spit out the old 'in sickness and in health' b.s. All I could think was, "I hope you take care of this one better than you did my mother." Then I immediately felt guilty.

I was very teary eyed, but it was a wedding, so I think I blended in rather well. There was supposed to be a dinner after, but my brother didn't go, and I really wasn't comfortable spending the evening with a bunch of people I didn't know, so we declined as well.

As we were leaving the church, my niece threw her arms around step step mom and said "Are you my new Grandma?" That's when I lost it.

Fucking A, I miss my mother.

No comments: