Thursday, August 14, 2008

What A Mouthy Broad

I was actually told that to my face once, several years ago. And I swear it has gotten worse. Though I don't know if "worse" is an accurate description-I feel like I finally have the confidence to more assertive, and call people on their ridiculous bullshit. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though many would probably call me a bitch.

A few weeks ago Hubbs and I were at Local Dive Bar having a few beers, when Garden Friend shows up with his new (to us) girlfriend. We actually didn't even know he had a girlfriend, but once she opened her mouth we knew why.

My tattoo was very red from getting lasered that day, and she said "Why are you getting it lasered? It's a lot cheaper to just use facial scrub and peroxide. " Riiight......

Then, when I was outside smoking, she bummed a cigarette. Then a light. "Ok" I'm thinking. "One time".

Then, a while later, out smoking again just to get away from her.
"Can I have a cigarette?"
"No, this is my last one"
"Can I have a hit off of yours?"
"Uh, no."

By this time I was VERY irritated. I don't like girls who have to be the center of attention, I don't like know it alls, and I really don't like people I just met wanting to share germs.

A bit later, we were all sharing a table, when she says "You know, I better not accidentally get pregnant."

My head spun around a few times before I said "How in the hell do you accidentally get pregnant? Your fertility is your responsibility, and you will know that once you're raising a kid on your own wondering what happened to the man you tried to trap."

Garden Friend looked at me and said "I think I love you."

She didn't say one more word to me the entire night.

They broke up shortly after.

No comments: