Thursday, July 24, 2008

I've Been Told!

An anonymous commenter pointed out that I shouldn't be judgmental of overweight people because I suffered an eating disorder and obesity is the same thing. I had never thought of it that way, so I used my mad Google skills, and found this. Which basically says obesity is caused by overeating, not enough activity, genes, medications, etc... (of course, it's the first link I clicked on, and I stopped my investigating. I'm sure there are a million different opinions.)

No where does it say it is an eating disorder. Then I started thinking a bit more, and I realized that the difference between obesity and anorexia is one of control. One person has EXTREME amounts of self control, the other one-none. Then I thought, maybe I snark on obese people because lack of self control is a weakness. Then I thought, "Well look who's calling the kettle drunk, ya alcky!"

Bottom line-I'm judgmental. I hate people. And I'm going to Hell, if such a place even exists. Hence the name of this blog.

No comments: