Thursday, May 1, 2008

Book Review

Stranger In Paradise by Robert B. Parker

I have read every single book Parker has written about Spenser, Jessie Stone, and Sunny Randall.

Maybe that's my problem. I really didn't enjoy this book. I read it in one day. Granted, I do read fast, but it was like I knew what was going to happen on every page.

I started reading Parker when I was about 22-23. So maybe my tastes have changed, and I just don't like his style of writing anymore. Maybe Robert Parker is the only bad habit I have that won't kill me someday.

If you'd like a story you don't have to put much effort into, say if you're flying somewhere for vacation, then this is the book for you.

(I love Robert B. Parker, I really do. I highly recommend starting with his first book and reading your way to the present. Then you can avoid the fluff of his later years.)

No comments: