Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little Known Fact

I once made a plane stop on the runway, return to the terminal, and let me off. A big plane too-it was an American Airlines cross country flight. (Obviously pre 9/11-now I would be arrested)

I do not like to fly. I've heard all the bullshit-flying is safer, less people die, blah blah blah. It does not change the fact that I do not like to fly. And I can't fly unless I'm sedated or drunk. I start to panic, and that is not good.

Why is this relevant? Because I'm taking a 4 hour flight Sunday. And then I have to come home, so I have to do it again Thursday. NOT HAPPY. NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

Luckily, I will be both sedated and have a nip or two of alcohol in me. (Yes, I know tranquilizers and alcohol do not mix. Bite me.)

I'll be busy preparing for my trip, then actually being on my trip, then catching up with my family, so posting will be spotty over the next week and a half. But I will hopefully return with excellent stories to share.

No comments: