Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chicago

I thought I would wait until I felt better to talk about Chicago, but by that time I will care even less than I do now. Besides, the best way out of a depression is action (so I hear). So here goes.

The flight was basically uneventful-there is no such thing as a good flight to me, but the plane didn't crash so it was ok.

We set up our display for the trade show, then visited the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum. Very cool-highlight of the trip.

Trade show went well, made a lot of contacts, met people face to face that I have been dealing with on the phone for the past year.

Ate at some wonderful restaurants-my favorite was Greek Islands in Greek town.

Only gained 3 pounds, which I didn't think was too bad considering I ate out at every meal. I generally try to keep my calories around 1200-1500 per day. It was not easy to do while traveling-my morning tea went from 40 calories for the home version to 240 for the Starbucks version. But I've already lost the 3 pounds, plus 1 extra so all is well.

And that is pretty much all I feel saying about Chicago. Great city. Go if you can.

No comments: