Thursday, December 4, 2008

Book Review

UPDATE: So my husband said, "Why didn't you look up the term for webbed toes?".....it's called Syndactyl, so Dean Koontz did NOT do his research. Is that weird or is it just me?


Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz

I used to be a HUGE fan of Dean Koontz, then it started to feel like all his books were the same, so I stopped reading. But, I was out of books this weekend, so in my random searching around my house I found and decided to read this one.

It was pretty good, a little far fetched even for a fantasy/horror whatever kind of book, but it wasn't bad. One thing though-and I discovered this by accident, which is what reminded me to review this book-see how my mind works?

I was just on a website that mentioned polydactyl cats. "Oh,cats that have their toes fused together?" Because in this book, that's how he uses the term-a baby is born with polydactyl toes, meaning fused together or webbed.

Polydactyl actually means having an extra toe, like Hemingway's cats. (Speaking of cats with extra toes, they all hate me. I don't know why, but every cat I have ever come across that has extra toes always wants to bite my face off)

If I'm wrong, and you can cite your source, please do. I'd hate to think that Mr. Koontz couldn't even be bothered to do the proper research on his own book.

No comments: