Monday, December 1, 2008
I just received this award from mile191, and with it I'm supposed to post 10 honest things about myself.
1. I'm obsessed with my appearance. I can't take a compliment, and I constantly find something about myself to pick on. I wish I could stop.
2. I hate to drive. I hate that I can't teleport from point A to point B. Driving seems like such a waste of time. Besides, all the idiots on the road scare the hell out of me.
3. I wish I was a different sort of mother. Both now and then.
4. I'm obsessed with shoes. I'm pretty sure it stems from growing up-we were poor, and I only had one pair at a time. Now I have about 50, and I don't even wear half of them. Granted, it is winter and most of them are high heels, but still. I maybe wore 10 pairs this year.
5. As much as I hate to admit it, I am still very much controlled by the events of my childhood. From my uber sensitive startle reflex to the fact that I'm afraid of the dark, there are parts of me that can't be fixed. But that's ok-I have learned to work around them.
6. I'm afraid to tell my story. I do not want to see pity in anyone's eyes, ever. I don't want to be "that girl". But I think I will try anyway.
7. I'm way, way too quick to judge others. And I find it hard to let go of my first impressions. Bad combo.
8. The world is very black and white to me. People are either good or bad. I either like people or detest them. I either eat like a horse or starve myself. There is no middle ground with me.
9. I am WAY too dependent on chemicals to get to sleep at night. I'm trying to change.
10. I drink WAY too much. I'm trying to change that as well.
And with that, I tag the following people. No pressure-I won't be insulted if you choose not to play.
Right click the award, save to your computer, then add to your post like a photo.