Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Blogoversary!

Yes, it's my one year anniversary of blogging. In the past year, I have read 62 books, gained self awareness, and found support in the strangest places.

I've realized that my feelings aren't facts, I have all that I could ever ask for in my own home, and sometimes you have to ask when you need help.

Sometimes strength means crying your eyes out, and letting go doesn't mean you don't care.

The world isn't as scary as I sometimes think, I need to be a better friend, and the best thing one can do for themselves is help someone else.

I am so incredibly lucky that I met my husband, and sometimes I need to give more than I get.

I have the two best sons a mother could ask for. One of them has blessed me with a beautiful family of his own, the other has shown me how much kindness there really is in the world. I have learned forgiveness and understanding from them both.

Sometimes the littlest things really are the most important.

But most importantly, I've learned that I really am going to be okay.

4 comments:

Deirdre Bunny said...

Happy Bloggerversary!

I'm glad you are able to use this as an outlet. I'm trying to be more regular about it myself, a decision I made a few weeks back after therapy.

And I totally relate to this line:

"The world isn't as scary as I sometimes think, I need to be a better friend, and the best thing one can do for themselves is help someone else. "

Lula said...

Thanks Deirdre!

Still trying to actually apply the things I have learned....baby steps!

mile191 said...

I love that....most important you learned that you are going to be okay....that is so cool. Great place to be, here with others healing. We will be okay. We have life, and each other, and we are not alone, that is what I have learned the most. Hugs to you. Thanks for the greetings. Came to say hello. Glad you are well.

Happy Anniversary...

Lula said...

Thanks Mile, good to have you back.