Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Slacker!!

I really wanted to keep track of all the books I've read in the past year-hence my list over to the right. I just realized I have been slacking-both on listing them and reviewing them. Life gets in the way of the things we'd rather do I guess.

I plan on spending some time this weekend trying to catch up on that, as well as housework and a million other things that have been ignored because I have been drinking too much. Did I mention? We're quitting. Well, let me rephrase that. We're not buying any alcohol for at least 10 days. It finally sunk in-the money, the time, the calories, the hangovers-it's just not fun anymore. When my nephew was here he gave us some left over alcohol from a party he threw-"Why me?" "Because every time I see you you have a beer in your hand." "Oh."

So other than that, we've basically quit for a while. At first we thought we would drink the beer this weekend, but we're kind of thinking not now. I guess we'll see what happens-an alcoholic mind is a very powerful persuader.

"Drink me. DRINK ME!! It's Friday, what the hell's wrong with you? We drink every Friday, and have for the past 845778456 years! DRINK ME!"

2 comments:

Miyonao said...

You're soooo funny...

Good to hear you've quit drinking. Definitely good in every way. I had had a horrible experience after getting drunk that I regret ever since. But it was a good lesson. I won't dare to drink that much again.

Lula said...

yes, moderation is key, if one can pull it off!