Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lovely, Lovely Saturday

I love Saturdays. First full day off, with one more to go.

Today we are having our first bbq with our MEAT PACKAGE! winnings. We've asked a friend to house-sit when we go on our trip, so I feel like we owe him an awesome meal. I'll let you know if it really is superior meat.

I am so excited about this damn trip-hanging with Oldest and his family, playing with grandbabies, and-we're going to the beach! I love the beach-when I lived in Oceanside I spent countless hours there. The running joke among my friends was if you can't find Lula, look on the beach. The past several times we've gone while on various vacations the weather was crap, so I'm really looking forward to playing in the sun, looking for shells, making sand castles, etc.. I am really in need of some down time, and I can't think of a better way to relax than hanging with my family at the beach. I'll take tons of pictures to bore you all with.

5 comments:

Deirdre Bunny said...

Question - Oceanside, CA per chance? If so, I used to live there for a brief time a few years back.

wirecutter said...

Hey, Have a great time.
If it's a California beach you're headed to, the weather has been very mild lately. Warm, but not hot. Wish it was like this all the time.

Lula said...

Yes, good old Oceanside-it was years ago, but I think that was one of my favorite places to live.

It's a SoCal beach, so hopefully the weather will stay nice, not too hot.

Deirdre Bunny said...

I ended up there for about 6 months before heading to San Diego, proper. Oceanside was kinda sketchy when I was there. not as Sketchy as when I lived in Van Nuys *barf*, but sketchy nonetheless :p

Lula said...

I've heard some very sketchy things about Van Nuys!

Oceanside was just starting to get weird when I was there. I moved to Fallbrook when I was pregnant-which was pretty weird too. As much as I love Cali, there are some severe pockets of weird!