Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Randomness

Apparently nicotine gum can cause nightmares. It's not a common side effect, But Little Wing pointed out that I have been reporting bad dreams since I quit smoking. So after a quick Google search, I discovered I'm not the only one. I knew it was a side effect of the patch, but had no idea about the gum. Weird. I won't report the dreams I had last night, but they were horrific. You know, when you wake up gasping? I did have a few cigarettes last night too-maybe it's related. I am having a hell of a time quitting this time around, not sure why. Too much going on at once.

************************************************************************************

We're leaving next Thursday to spend a few days with Oldest and his family. I am so excited! I haven't even met the new baby yet (He's 2). Can't wait!

************************************************************************************

My friend Terry and her boyfriend are coming to stay the weekend in August. She moved to Texas about 2 years ago, and I really felt the loss of my friend. I can't wait to see her!

************************************************************************************

I have found that it really does help to have things you are looking forward to. My only problem is I'm easily overwhelmed, but so far I'm doing ok. And I'm trying to not listen to the voice that's telling me something will happen, the trip will be canceled, Terry won't be able to make it, etc... And I said this before, but it bears repeating. I really think the Chromium is helping me. It may only be a placebo effect, but who cares? I've actually been on a pretty even keel for a week or so now. It's a miracle!

************************************************************************************

Last night at the grocery store, I was reaching for a portobello mushroom top when I just froze. My mind went blank, and I couldn't remember what the hell I was doing. This has happened to me before, but last night I almost cried over it, not sure why. Faulty wiring.

************************************************************************************

The only difference between a blogger and that crazy guy on the corner talking to himself is a computer.

I'd give credit where it's due, but I can't remember where I saw that.

No comments: