Saturday, June 27, 2009

That was easy!

If you ever have to have an esophageal scope, have no fear. They truly sedate you so much you have no idea whats going on. The last thing I remember is telling the nurse I was concerned about choking on the camera-the next thing I knew, I was in the recovery room asking Hubbs when they were going to start. Then I came home and slept all day.

They found no damage from the acid reflux, and saw no physical defect that is causing all the pain. He did say he wanted me to wear some sort of acid monitoring thing for 24 hours, which involves a tube down my nose-not going to happen. I don't remember too much of the conversation-I'm sure I'll learn more when I go back for my follow up. I just don't see me living with anything down my nose unless I'm heavily sedated.

It's been 3 days since I've made a serious effort to not eat or drink anything that causes me pain, and I'm still in pain. I expect instant results, damn it! Though I must say, it feels good to wake up on a Saturday not completely hung-over!

The guys bought me a sick-day present-a new rose to plant in the backyard. I'm looking forward to having a nice, non-drinking day playing in the dirt.

Update!

Apparently I was pretty loaded-I forgot the doctor took 2 biopsies. I guess the concern is that my acid reflux is caused by spasms-as in maybe I don't need all this medication I've been taking. Maybe I just need a different type? I'll find out more when the biopsies come back.

No comments: