Tuesday, June 9, 2009

That was close.....

I made it through yesterday without killing anybody! Go me!

I feel quite a bit better today, though very, very tired. I only did an 11 minute workout when I got home last night, but considering I did 30 minutes in the morning I tried to not beat myself up too much.

I did 30 minutes again this morning (elliptical and abs), then went for blood work. Apparently quite a few people with acid reflux also have some sort of bacteria that indicates you have an ulcer, or are getting an ulcer, or something of the sort. I was too discombobulated yesterday at the Doc's to pay much attention. And I do have to go for the esophageal scope, what fun! My voice has been incredibly hoarse for several days now, and my doctor is a little concerned. Well, that and the fact that I can't get rid of this burning in my chest no matter how hard I try. Even when I do follow a strict diet, and there has been times when I've done so, this burning still will not go away. So then I get angry and frustrated and decide to eat and drink whatever I want, then I suffer more, etc...

Anyway, all is as well as it can be right now I suppose. I am actually quite miserable, but I know it's temporary so it's easier to deal with.

3 comments:

Deirdre Bunny said...

How many minutes, total do you usually work out, each day? I went from doing absosmurfly nothing for the last few years to the treadmill. Which may not seem like much, but considering I work from home and the farthest I walk is from the office here to the kitchen - I wasn't getting a whole lot of exercise.

Anyway, I've been doing 25 minutes on the treadmill, each morning, with a steep incline and do about a mile each day. Thing is, its been about a month and having gone from no exercise to daily exercise, you'd think I'd notice some difference.... but nooooooo. Nada. So, I figure I have to work a little harder and stop eating after 9pm!

Suggestions? Aside from cocaine, I mean.

Lula said...

Ah yes, chemicals were always the best answer! Damn being all grown up and responsible.

I have an elliptical and several DVD's that I use. I do 20 minutes on the elliptical (hereafter referred to as "the bike", don't ask me why I call it that, I have no idea)every morning, and the 10 minute ab workout from "10 Minute Solution - Target Toning for Beginners". I do not consider myself a beginner, and she does talk a bit, but it is a pain inducing 10 minutes so it must be good!

In the evening I do one of 3 20 or 30 minute workouts-Carmen Electra's Strip to Fit (I know, but the workout is awesome), 30 Day Shred, or 10 Days to a Better Body. They are all excellent workouts.

But-and here is the disclaimer-quitting smoking has left me exhausted so I'm only doing another 10 minute chunk at night-arms or legs or whatever. Though tonight I'm going back to trying a full 30 minutes.

What I would recommend is interval training along with the cardio. It is ass kicking, but it works. I lost 2 inches off my waist when I did the first 10 days of the 10 day tape-but I also log every single thing I put in my mouth. Well, not every thing :)

The extra cardio gives you more wiggle room to actually EAT! I use livestrong.com to log my calories, workouts, etc....It really helps you be aware of what your body needs calorie wise, what you burn, etc...Let me know if you sign up livestrong, we can be pals!

That was quite the long winded answer!

Deirdre Bunny said...

Oh no, not long-winded at all. very helpful. Thanks so much, this is excellent stuff. =)

Curious, though - what do you put in your mouth that you don't log?

Ya know what? Lets leave that one alone. Ha!

Thanks again!