Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Book Review

Let me tell you where I've been : new writing by women of the Iranian diaspora. Edited by Persis M. Karim

I have noticed whenever I read about another culture, or my own in the past,I find myself longing for that way of life. The food, the role of women, whatever. It intrigues me, and I have a tendency to believe the grass is always greener. Even though the average life span was 54 years and they had no antibiotics. Or the women have to wear burkas.

Anyhow....

I LOVE short stories, poems, etc.. This is a great collection. It amazes me the injustices women still suffer in this day and age. A sometimes heartbreaking read, I recommend it nonetheless. It will help remind you just how good you have it. Or maybe make you long for another culture.

No comments: