Monday, September 8, 2008

Paco and Me

Hubbs and I took Youngest to pick up his guitar after getting it repaired and restrung the other day. As we were getting out of the car, this kid, couldn’t have been more than 16 or 17, rides by on his bike.

“Hey… Mama!”

Normally I would have said “Fuck off”, but my brain stopped working because I just couldn’t compute that a 16 year old kid on a bicycle was flirting with me in front of my husband and child. I just stared at him as his rode by. He kept riding, keeping his head turned and staring at me until he was out of sight.

Hubbs: “What the hell was that?”

Me: “I think I was just hit on in front of my family”

The more I thought about it, the more absurd it became. What did he think was going to happen? I’d hop on the back of his BMX bike and we’d ride off into the sunset?

I do realize he’s just a kid and really wasn’t thinking anything except how nice my legs are or whatever, but it cracked me up.

You had to be there. It was a lot funnier at the time.

No comments: