Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So Far, So Good!

I have been busy busy busy! Come on, let's take a look at my progress.

Here's how my kitchen table usually looks. There's Cleo, waiting for dinner.



The table was made in 1890-something. We got a hell of a deal on it. It has three leaves, so it can expand to 6 feet.



Is that beautiful or what?



Here it is this morning, with all my baking ingredients. And yes, I used store bought pie crust. Give me a break-I'm new to this baking nonsense! Hard to believe I'm going to turn all that stuff into delicious treats.



The first thing I made was a pecan pie. (Recipe here-thanks Pioneer Woman!)Here it is prior to baking, looking like an ooey, gooey mess.



Finished product! I know the crust is kind of wonky, but it looks delicious!




By the way, in between pies I made the most delicious mashed potatoes I have ever had in my life. And you can make them the day before, then pop them in the oven when the turkey's almost done. Recipe here. And again, thanks Pioneer Woman!



They are truly the best mashed potatoes I have ever made. I had no idea that using a hand mixer was not the preferred method of making good mashers. I got quite the workout mashing those bad boys!

Up next-cherry pie!

2 comments:

in time out said...

OH my GOODNESS. i can't believe that just what i was looking for, my friend. a pecan pie recipe i can make for my husband. thank you. godsend.

thanks for all your kindness as well. i really appreciate and take heart to your input.

Lula said...

Thank you! What a kind thing to say.

The recipe was very easy, and I think will be delicious. I'm glad I could help.

Happy Thanksgiving!