Monday, November 10, 2008

What Now?

I have been trying to be more aware of myself and my moods. What sorts of things set off my depression, why do I get so angry and irritable, etc….

I woke up this morning (after sleeping very well) and did not want to get out of bed. Part of it was I was so warm and comfortable, but once I got up it just felt like it was too much. Too much effort required to get ready for work, to show up at work and actually be productive. I don’t know why-things went well this weekend, and we had an excellent family day yesterday. I’m not hung-over and I did sleep well.

It’s such a pain in the ass dealing with myself sometimes, I swear. Why can’t I just wake up and feel happy? Why does there always have to be some sort of moodiness ruling my day?

Apparently I’m feeling a tad sorry for myself-I will take the advice “Fake it till you make it”. I will pretend all is well until I start feeling it today. I will try to make today a good day.

2 comments:

Dan H said...

I hope your day went well. Being aware of your emotions and what is causing them is very important, and is something that most people don't do. I learned this summer about taking an "emotional inventory" each morning; I don't always remember to do this, but I have been trying.

Lula said...

That is a great idea. Are you able to pinpoint why if you're in a bad mood? I seem to wake up a lot of mornings with no idea why I'm in a bad mood.

My day did go ok though, and I feel a bit better today.